Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Must Be Nice 2: Defining Moments of a Maniac (sneak preview)

IX. The Pear

While I sit in my lair with a painting of a pair
I sit and stare off into thin air and wonder why live isn’t fair
I wouldn’t dare compare my flare to that of another player
I’m just a man in his lair with a painting of a pear
I swear I won’t get stressed out and pull out all my hair
These burdens I bear make me aware that people like are rare
I’m just a man in his lair with a painting of a pear
I’m not square, so don’t give me that glare
It’s not like I’m running for mayor
I’ve got a prayer my soul is spared
I’m not a hero, but don’t say I didn’t care
I’m just a man in his lair with a painting of a pear

Let me plant my bitter seed, and we can make a better breed
They’ll know not to complain about the rain
The rain is like good therapy
It is food for the pear tree
So we can live a life that is carefree
There is no partridge in this tree
This isn’t for the industry
The fruits of my loom are for my enemies
I’m just a man in his lair with a painting of a pair
There’s something on my mind I would like to share
This is not a facebook status
This could come without practice
Practice, we’re talking about practice, practice
Muscle memory should make this automatic
Why not burn to the core like acid that is muratic
The blood I shed is hydrochloric
There should be a warning for it
There’s passion in my veins, I can’t ignore it
I seek to do something that is historic
I’m just a man in his lair with a painting of a pear
Sometimes I give myself quite a scare

That’s right sometimes I scare myself, but I’ve learned to prepare myself
There will always be a call when you need my help
So just keep picking at my pears
Soon enough the traps I’ve set will ensnare
Then you will be the one that’s in despair
I’m just a man in his lair with a painting of a pear
I deal with shades that are fifty times grayer

No comments:

Post a Comment